In late November, the Office of Residence Life and Residence Hall Association sponsored seven students to attend the Great Lakes Association of College and University Residence Halls (GLACURH) regional conference at University of Wisconsin- La Crosse. A total of 43 universities were represented from Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Ontario. Out of over 100 submissions, six of our SXU students were selected to present individual, 50-minute breakout sessions on topics including leadership, personal development, and self-care.
- **Caitlin Ross– “Operation Possible- Leave Your Worries Behind”- tips for overcoming common worries of college students.
- **Jose Tinajero & Mia Kahlon– “Born This Way”-overcoming insecurities and move towards self-acceptance and self-love
- Eduardo Chavez– “Chill Out to the Sound”- using music to cope with college stress and anxiety
- Monica Justice– “Lessons from a Dog”- leadership lessons inspired by Ceasar Milan, The Dog Whisperer
- Mia Kahlon– “Rainbow Trivia”- a Jeopardy-style game on the topic of LGBTQ trivia
- Teddy Bjork– “Staying Healthy While Living On Campus”
**Selected as “Top 10” out of nearly 80 sessions presented at the conference.
All six students will be re-presenting their sessions at the Second Annual Synergy Conference at SXU for student leaders on January 20.