Need some weeknight inspiration? Check out these two quick recipes!
Southwestern Quinoa and Egg Breakfast Bowl
- 1/4 cup raw quinoa;
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced;
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped (about 2 cups);
- 1 cup no-salt-added, frozen corn (thawed);
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions;
- 1/2 cup cilantro (optional);
- 4 eggs;
- 1/8 teaspoon salt;
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper;
- Hot sauce (optional).
- Cook quinoa according to the package directions. Remove from heat and let sit.
- Prepare the remaining ingredients: pit and dice the avocado half; chop the tomatoes; rinse the canned corn; chop the scallions, and chop the cilantro.
- Divide quinoa between four bowls. Arrange the avocado, tomatoes, corn, scallions, and (optional) cilantro between each bowl.
- Meanwhile, coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray and warm over medium-high heat. Crack each egg into the skillet and season with salt and pepper. Cover with a lid and cook until egg whites are set but yolk is still runny, about 3 to 4 minutes. Use a spatula to carefully transfer each sunny-side-up egg into each bowl. Garnish with hot sauce and serve.
One-Dish Beefy Rice Casserole
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1, 14 oz. packaged coleslaw mix;
- 1 cup brown rice (uncooked);
- 1 lb. extra-lean, ground sirloin;
- 1, 10 oz. canned, diced tomatoes and green chilies;
- 1, 14 oz. canned, low-sodium beef broth;
- 1, 15 oz. canned black-eyed peas (rinsed, drained);
- Salt and pepper (to taste).
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large oven-proof pot, layer the cabbage, rice, meat, tomatoes and green chilies, and beef broth.
- Cook, covered with foil or lid, 1 hour 40 minutes, stirring after 40 minutes, and continue cooking, covered, until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Stir in the black-eyed peas and season to taste.