Lenten heart healthy recipe with whole wheat tortellini and broccoli
- 9 ounces refrigerated whole wheat or regular three cheese-filled tortellini
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini (white kidney beans), rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup slivered pitted Kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 cup quartered cherry or grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh basil
In a deep large skillet bring 1 to 2 inches water to boiling. Add tortellini; cook for 7 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in broccoli; cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until broccoli is crisp-tender. Drain in colander. Return tortellini and broccoli to skillet.
Stir in beans, olives, oil, vinegar, and red pepper – heat through. Sprinkle with tomatoes, feta, and basil.