What better way to eat your veggies than throwing them on the grill? The following are five side items to add to your dinner the next time you grill out. Be sure to use a grill basket or place tinfoil down on the grill for quick clean-up!
- Asparagus – a powerhouse of nutrients, folate and antioxidants! After grilling, toss with lemon juice and some shaved Parmesan cheese;
- Corn – always a summertime staple. Add some corn on the cob to the grill and use Brummel and Brown yogurt spread; then choose from different herbs and other condiments to add some more flavors such as: garlic, pepper, cilantro, Parmesan cheese, light mayo, sour cream or Greek yogurt spread – the sky is the limit;
- Mixed Veggies – dice up your favorite vegetables, toss lightly in olive oil and throw in some garlic for flavor and viola! Choose any combo from the following: tomatoes, onions, red/green/yellow peppers, zucchini, mushrooms, etc. Place tin foil packets of veggies on grill and steam fro 10-15 minutes;
- Green Beans – toss lightly with olive oil and some salt and pepper and grill for about 10 minutes in the grill basket;
- Pineapple – may not be a vegetable, but still nutritious! Throw some slices of pineapple on the grill to add to your grilled chicken sandwiches;