The Office of Corporate, Government and Foundation Relations is pleased to announce the selection of five new students for the Saint Xavier University (SXU) Schmitt Scholars Program:
- Guadalupe Avila, junior, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Chicago
- Ivie Ehigie, junior, Clinical Psychology/Pre-Health and Spanish, Chicago
- Bridget Goedke, junior, Communications, Park Forest
- Brian Laughran, junior, Communications, Chicago
- Kathy Rodriguez, junior, Elementary Education and International Studies, Carol Stream
The five new Schmitt Scholars join returning Scholars Lisa Eglar (senior, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Orland Park), Tiana Johnson (senior, Mathematics, St. Louis, MO), Amanda Magee (senior, Nursing, Frankfort), Brooke McInerney (senior, Communication Sciences & Disorders and Psychology/Clinical Counseling, Dwight), and Kelli Shaffer (senior, Graphic Design, Heyworth).
The Schmitt Scholars Program promotes leadership development and prepares students to change the world for the better through active leadership at SXU, in their communities, and in their future professions. Participants receive a scholarship and participate in activities that enable them to assess, reflect on, and strengthen their leadership skills. The program is funded by a grant from the Arthur J. Schmitt Foundation.
Thank you to all of the faculty and staff who nominated students for this year’s program. Many outstanding students were recommended, and it was extremely difficult for the selection committee to narrow its decision to five students from such a talented pool of applicants.