This is a GREAT quickie breakfast for you to make before heading out to work or school. I also encourage kids and teens to try this as well.
- 3 large or extra-large egg whites or 1 to 2 large or extra-large eggs
- Place desired diced veggies in a bowl with a splash of water and cover with a paper towel. Microwave for about 30 seconds so veggies are cooked through.
- In a small to medium microwave safe bowl, place the egg whites or egg with veggies and add seasonings (sea salt, pepper, garlic, basil, oregano, paprika, cumin, chili powder, you name it! Pick a few and get creative!).
- Using a whisk or fork, mix until frothy. (Add a dash of milk if wanted.)
- Place in microwave and cook on full power. Cook egg whites for 60 to 90 seconds or regular egg about 30 to 45 seconds.
- When finished, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and microwave for 10 to 15 more seconds.
- Add cooked egg to a whole grain or low-carb wrap, bagel thin or English muffin (I recommend Thomas Light English Muffins).
This is a great way to start off your day with more protein. Balance out your eggs with a side of carbs or fruit and a glass of milk or juice. Enjoy!