Don’t forget about your fitness this holiday season! Here are some ideas to help you fit more physical activity into your day. Even just 10 minutes of exercise can blast 100 calories!
- Look for short periods of time (at least ten minutes) during the day in which you can do some physical activity.
- Do a 10-minute interval workout – Alternate the following exercises for the first 30 seconds of each minute followed by 30 seconds of rest.
- Jumping Jacks
- Walk/Run in Place
- Tricep dips
- Park at the far end of the parking lot when at the store, mall or work.
- Be active during lunchtime! If you bring your lunch to work, you may have time to take a brisk walk.
- Take the stairs instead of the elevator.
- Plan and prepare meals ahead of time, so you’ll have time to exercise.
- Get your family to exercise with you. It’s a fun way to spend some quality time together.
- Keep a daily log; this can help you see where you can fit in more physical activity. Or better yet, order a FitBit Pedometer.
Want to jumpstart your weight loss in 2014? Join the Saint Xavier Shannon Center 8 week weight loss class Jan. 28! Email Kelly for sign up details.
@Devine Nutrition- Follow me on Facebook and Twitter!
Kelly Devine Rickert, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN, CPT
For a FREE online nutrition newsletter, sign up at website above and enter your email.