Summer is still here, at least for another month. Try out some new recipes the next time you fire up the grill. Don’t forget to add a salad or grilled vegetables to your meal. Baked potatoes or corn on the cob make great additions to your summer meals as well.
- 2-3 chicken breasts cut into chunks
- ½ cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 red pepper and 1 green pepper cut into chunks
- ½ pineapple cut into chunks
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat grill for medium-low heat.
- Add pineapple, peppers and chicken on well soaked skewers.
- Sprinkle with garlic and coat with sauce.
- Grill for 8-10 minutes turning occasionally.
Serve with brown rice or quinoa and add a tossed salad!
- Pizza crust dough, either homemade or bought ready made
- Fresh vegetables (olives, peppers, mushrooms, spinach, tomatoes)
- Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Fresh tomato sauce or spaghetti sauce
Brush grill grate with garlic flavored olive oil. Carefully place one piece of dough on hot grill. The dough will begin to puff almost immediately. When the bottom crust has lightly browned, turn the dough over using two spatulas. Working quickly, brush oil over crust, and then brush with 2 tablespoons of tomato sauce. Arrange 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes, 1/8 cup sliced black olives, and 1/8 cup roasted red peppers over crust. Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and 2 tablespoons of basil. Close the lid, and cook until the cheese melts. Remove from grill, and set aside to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the second pizza. (You can make a couple of smaller ones or a large one depending on the size of grill.
For nutrition or exercise questions, contact Devine Nutrition
Kelly Devine Rickert, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN, CPT
Shannon Center Nutritionist
For a FREE online nutrition newsletter, sign up at website above and enter your email.