Are you stuck in a rut when it comes to grilling? Look no further. Instead of high fat meats such as sausages, brats, hotdogs and pre made frozen hamburger patties, try these lower fat, heart healthier options!
Lower fat grill options:
– Grilled chicken breasts,
– Ninety percent lean fresh ground beef patties,
– Turkey burgers,
– Boca burgers,
– Chicken apple sausages (lower in fat than pork),
– Shish kabobs-chicken or lean beef,
– Fish-Salmon, Tilapia, etc.,
– Pork Chops.
– Veggies and fruit taste GREAT on the grill. Baste lightly in olive oil and sprinkle with sea salt, garlic and pepper before putting on the grill. Note:It helps to have a tray to put your vegetables on so they don’t fall through the grill.
– Pineapples slices go great on top of a grilled chicken breast sandwich or as part of chicken kabobs.
– Baked potatoes.
– Grilled corn on the cob (soak in water for 1/2 hour, so the husks don’t burn prior to grilling).
– Cut chicken breast into chunks,
– Cut up one red pepper, green pepper, red onion, and a small pineapple,
– (Pineapple cut to use for two recipes, 1) in chunks for kabobs and 2) in slices to grill for
– String veggies, pineapple and chicken chunks on soaked bamboo skewers. Marinate lightly with a sweet teriyaki sauce and sprinkle with sea salt and pepper,
– Grill for 10-12 minutes or until chicken is cooked through,
– Pair with some quinoa or wild rice.