More tried and true lower-fat grilling recipes!
Beer Lime Grilled Chicken
• 1 lime, juiced
• 1 (12 fluid ounce) can light-colored beer
• 1 teaspoon honey
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
• Salt and pepper
• 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
1. In a bowl, mix the lime juice, beer, honey, garlic, cilantro, salt, and pepper until the honey dissolves. Pour the mixture over the chicken, cover, and marinate for 30 minutes.
2. Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat and lightly oil grate.
3. Remove chicken from marinade and shake off excess. Discard remaining marinade. Grill chicken until tender and juices run clear, about seven minutes per side.
Mexican Bean and Rice Salad
• 2 cups cooked brown rice
• 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
• 1 (15.25 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
• 1 small onion, diced
• 1 green bell pepper, diced
• 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
• 1 lime, zested and juiced
• 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves
• 1 teaspoon minced garlic
• 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
• salt to taste
1. In a large salad bowl, combine the brown rice, kidney beans, black beans, corn, onion, green pepper, jalapeno peppers, lime zest and juice, cilantro, garlic, and cumin. Lightly toss all ingredients to mix well, and sprinkle with salt to taste.
2. Refrigerate salad for 1 hour, toss again, and serve.
Go to allrecipes.com for more fun healthy recipes!
For nutrition/exercise questions or for more tip ideas, email Kelly at:
Kelly Devine Rickert, MS, RD, CSSD, LDN, CPT
Shannon Center Nutritionist
For a FREE nutrition newsletter, go to website above to sign up!